Hear him speak at the CareersWithPurposeSummit.com but you need to register!
Mathieu Senard transitioned from a privileged life growing up in Burgundy, France to working in orphanages and refugee camps in Cambodia. He is the CEO and co-founder of Alter-Eco Foods, a company that aims to nourish foodie, farmer and field through sustainable foods from around the world. Alter-Eco Foods is driven by a mission to transform the world through ethical relationships with small scale farmers. Mathieu obtained his MA in Communication from California State University-Long Beach and a MBA, Business Administration from Institute européen d’Administration des Affaires.
His passion for economic and social justice and food drove him and his friend to start Alter- Eco Foods. They continue to grow as a business due to the fact that they understand the basis of a fair trade and their insight on small-scale farmers who produce high quality products.
The company was recognised for its endeavours when it received the Acterra’s Business Environmental Award. This was in the category of small business for its commitment to small-scale farmers. Since then, it has always been at the forefront to ensure sustainable and fair trade practices are upheld in remote and underprivileged areas of the world.
His Session for the Careers With Purpose Summit is called
From privilege to purpose: How a CEO found his calling, and includes:
- How he found his calling why he chose the food
- He talks about his ‘Why’ and the drivers behind his decision to start Alter-Eco
- The impact that working with purpose can have on your life
- The skills he has deployed to make a successful career and a profitable and scalable business
- Steps to take if you don’t know what you want to do but you know you want to do something helpful
- He talks about the skills needed to be successful
- He shares an effective tactic to for finding work and engaging with mission-led businesses (and what to say to them)
- Why he doesn’t look for skills first when hiring … And how he finds the best candidates